The following temporary traffic restrictions are currently in place in York. Each individual 'restriction order' gives more detailed information.
Alternatively, download the full list of Temporary Traffic Restriction Orders.
- A19 and Fordlands Road - Monday 2 May 2016 to Wednesday 31 January 2018
- Acomb Markets (Front Street) - Saturday 22 October 2016 to Saturday 24 March 2018
- Bishophill Junior and Lower Priory Street - Monday 30 January 2017 to Wednesday 31 January 2018
- Cycle path, Metcalfe Lane, Meadlands - Tuesday 4 April 2017 to Tuesday 3 April 2018
- St Sampson’s Square - Friday 2 June 2017 to Saturday 31 March 2018
- Grosvenor Road - Saturday 1 July 2017 to Thursday 31 May 2018
- Parking suspensions relating to gully cleaning (notice) - Various roads - Tuesday 18 July to Sunday 31 December 2017
- Strensall footpath no. 3/13/10 - Tuesday 19 September 2017 to Thursday 22 February 2018
- St Sampson's Square - Monday 13 November to Thursday 28 December 2017
- St Nicholas Fayre - Monday 13 November to Sunday 31 December 2017
- Askham Bryan Public Footpath 2/9/10 - Wednesday 15 November 2017 to Monday 14 May 2018
- Heworth Green - Wednesday 3 January 2018
- Rougier Street - 9:00pm Sunday 7 January to 5:00am Monday 8 January 2018
- Garden Place - Sunday 7 January 2018
- Kensington Street - Monday 8 January to Tuesday 9 January 2018
- Braeside Gardens - Tuesday 9 January to Wednesday 10 January 2018
- Micklegate Christmas Mingle - Monday 18 December 2017
- Lord Mayors Carol Service - Sunday 24 December 2017
- Low Poppleton Lane - Monday 1 January to Friday 12 January 2018
York's footstreet hours have also been extended during the festive period.
Until 22 December 2017 the hours are:
- Sunday to Wednesday: 10.30am to 6.00pm
- Thursday to Saturday: 10.30am to 8.00pm
Get current roadworks information
- Roadworks and road repairs
- York Live website provides live traffic, bus, and train information
- Visit Roadworks.org for up-to-date information about roadworks, road closures, diversions, incidents and other traffic disruptions affecting road networks in York
- Find out more about the 'UFO' (Ultra Fibre Optic) project to make York the first UK 'gigabit city' and get further information about broadband works across the city.