The Civic Party for 2019/20 is:
- The Rt Hon the Lord Mayor of York, Councillor Janet Looker
- Lord Mayor’s Consort, Mrs Patricia Castle
- Sheriff of York, Mrs Jo Trythall (from July 25)
- Substitute Sheriff of York, Dafydd Williams
- Citizens Advice York offer free, confidential and independent advice for everyone and can help with welfare benefits, debt, housing, employment, consumer rights and much more
- Home-Start York is committed to supporting parents with at least one child under the age of six. Volunteers visit families in their own homes each week, offering support, friendship and practical help
- York Shakespeare Project is an unincorporated association registered as a charity founded in 2001, and has so far staged 34 productions covering 35 of Shakespeare’s plays. They are on target to produce all the plays by 2020 and complete our mission
Charity events throughout the year
Throughout the civic year the Lord Mayor's fundraising committee will be organising events around the city to raise money to support these charities.
If you would like to invite the Lord Mayor and members of the civic party to an event you are planning, please contact the civic office.
You can complete the online form to invite The Lord Mayor to your event, or you can download a Civic engagement questionnaire in order to submit your invitation.
Donate to the Lord Mayor's and Sheriff's charities
You can make a donation to the Lord Mayor of York's charities at any time, by sending a cheque made payable to 'City of York Council (Lord Mayor's Charities)' to:
City of York Council