- Description of role
The Youth Justice Service is looking for volunteers to support their work in preventing offending and anti-social behaviour by young people.
As a volunteer you'll take young people to appointments, such as housing, social services, benefits, Connexions, job centre.
You'll be volunteering alongside paid staff, taking part in one-to-one sessions with young people in restorative or victim-focused work.
This role also involves:
- mentoring young people who need additional support and guidance
- prevention work with young people aged 8 to 13 years - taking them to the library, out of school activities, educational or cultural visits
- Benefits to the volunteer
- opportunities to have a positive impact on a young person's life
- chances to develop your skills and experience of working with young people
- chances to improve your confidence and self esteem
- Contact details for application or information
- Alison Cammiss - Volunteer Manager for Children and Young People
- Tel: 07901 813436
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org