Our 'Youth Justice Service' is made up of staff and partners from a number of organisations, including:
- the Police, Probation Services and the Courts
- Children’s and Health Services
- Change, Grow, Live substance misuse services
- Housing providers
We work with young people from the age of 10 years old into young adulthood, who are at risk of, or involved in offending behaviour.
We have the skills and abilities to respond to any risks or needs in the lives of young people, their families, and their victims, in York.
Our values and purpose
Our Service aims to:
- change the outlook and behaviour of individuals we supervise
- reduce youth crime by working to ensure young people get the support and direction they need
- ensure the voices of victims are heard
- work with families and the community to help them promote positive change in young people
- protect the public through rigorous enforcement of sentences imposed by the court
- safeguard all young people
We work closely with the following key partners in local justice:
- Safer York Partnership
- Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunal Service
- York and North Yorkshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner
- The Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
For further information, visit the Youth Justice Board website.