- Address and contact details
Telephone: 01904 552622
- Local amenities
Download the Lincoln Court brochure.
Lincoln Court is in a quiet part of Acomb in Kingsway West.
Just five minutes away is a small shopping area, which includes a convenience store, local pub, takeaway, shops and hairdressers.
The centre of Acomb is 10 minutes walk away. Acomb has a small shopping area located around Front Street, Acomb Road and adjacent roads, with free car parking at the local supermarket. Businesses are a mixture of traditional local food produce retailers, familiar High Street brands, major banking chains, a post office and professional services such as accountants, dentists and architects.
York and District indoor bowls club, situated on Thanet Road, is close by.
Energise Gym is five minutes away and you can enjoy a nice leisurely swim or make use of the gym area with the latest equipment. You can book classes from high intensity to Zumba Gold, a dance exercise aimed at the over 50’s, which is good fun and enjoyable.
West Bank Park is situated on Hamilton Drive. It boasts a mature woodland and former arboretum at the top of the park.
The award winning Acomb Explore library, is situated on Front Street and this local hub has much to offer, including:
- Free internet access and Wi-Fi
- Café Explore
- Colour photocopying facilities
- DVD Rentals
- Adult education courses including computing, languages, alternative therapies and more
- Reading groups
Our Lady Roman Catholic Church is located on Cornlands Road. Acomb Methodist church located on Front Street Acomb, which is a 15 minute walk away. The principal parish church for Acomb is St Stephens located on Acomb Green, a 25 minute walk from Lincoln Court.
The local GP surgery is Priory Medical Centre, on Cornlands Road.
There is a regular bus service to Acomb and into the city centre.
For up-to-date information about local bus routes see the iTravel York website.
There are 35 one-bedroomed apartments.
There is access to the first floor and second floor by lift and stairs (with stair lift on one staircase).
Each apartment has a living room with a fully fitted kitchen and a bathroom.
All the apartments are connected to the community alarm system.
The building is fully covered by a fire alarm system with smoke detectors in all corridors and each flat is fitted with a smoke detector.
Each apartment features:
- quality fitted kitchens with ceramic hob, extractor fan and built in ovens
- gas-fired communal heating, with thermostatically-controlled, low surface temperature radiators
- telephone, broadband and TV aerial points in lounge
- fitted carpets and blinds
- slip-resistant flooring in bathrooms and kitchens
- accessible shower rooms
- stylish and spacious kitchen and living room
- double bedroom
- connection to a 24-hour alarm system
The facilities at Lincoln Court include:
- an on site Housing Management Officer
- a large communal lounge and dining area available for a range of activities for residents and the local community
- laundry facilities on the ground and first floor
- a hairdressing salon
- buggy store
- a guest suite
- a lift
- some parking space for tenants
A range of social activities take place in the communal lounge area, and we encourage tenants to set up new activities and groups according to your interests. Please contact the Housing Management Officer if you want to find out what is going on at the moment.
- Tenant meetings
Tenants' meetings are held every two months so tenants can share ideas and thoughts on how to help make sure Lincoln Court suit the needs of everyone.