- Address and contact details
Telephone: 01904 552619
- Local amenities
City Mills was opened in October 1990 and was purpose-built to an award winning design. It overlooks the River Ouse, with wonderful views of Clifford’s Tower and Skeldergate Bridge.
Clementhorpe has been ranked in ninth place in The Times top 30 of the coolest places to live (2013), and likened to Notting Hill.
Bishopthorpe Road has an array of continental cafés and restaurants, delis, butchers, supermarkets, hardware shop, fish and chip shop, dry cleaners and a chemist.
The local GP surgery is Clementhorpe Health Centre, on Cherry Street.
City Mills is only a 10 minute walk into the centre of York; here you will find a wide range of shops, from fashion to home stores.
There is a regular bus service from Bishopthorpe Road shops, which can take you directly into the city centre.
For up-to-date information about local bus routes see the iTravel York website.
There are 36 one and two-bedroom self-contained flats, some with wheelchair access.
There is access to all four floors by lift and stairs, and there is also a stair lift to outside flats.
Some flats have balconies. All flats have a telephone point, television socket and central heating.
All flats are connected to the community alarm system.
The building is fully covered by a fire alarm system with smoke detectors in all corridors. Each flat is fitted with a fire detector.
There is some parking space for tenants, which is run on a permit scheme. The scheme manager can provide further details.
- Large comfortable community room – this overlooks the river, with doors leading onto the terrace
- Well-equipped communal kitchen
- Well equipped laundry room – this is included in your rent and is available to use throughout the day. Currently there are two washing machines and two dryers
- Outside drying area
- Buggy store and charging area
- Well-stocked library – this overlooks the courtyard at the front of the building. Books are available for tenants to read at all times
- Hairdressing salon – the salon can be used by individual tenants or we have a hairdresser that comes in to use the salon on an appointment basis
A range of social activities take place in the communal lounge area, and we encourage tenants to set up new activities and groups according to your interests. Please contact the Housing Management Officer if you want to find out what is going on at the moment.
- Tenant meetings
Tenants' meetings are held every two months so tenants can share ideas and thoughts on how to help make sure City Mills suits the needs of everyone.