The following organisations offer support and advice for carers, and those in need of care.
York Carers Centre
York Carers Centre helps unpaid carers living with, or caring for someone who lives in York.
They provide advice and information for carers, including some top tips to get you started.
They also offer:
- free advice and information
- a Carers' Emergency Card scheme
- services for young carers (5 to 18 years old)
- services for young adult carers (18 to 25 years old)
- support for carers affected by subtance misuse
- regular newsletters
- discounts with local businesses
Crossroads - Caring for Carers
Crossroads provides practical help and short breaks for carers of both adults and children.
Age UK York
Age UK York provides advice, information and practical help for people over 60 and their carers, including:
- benefits advice
- community befriending and support services
- short breaks for carers of older people
York Parent Carer Forum
The York Parent Carer Forum is a forum for parents of children and young people aged up to 25 years with a disability or additional needs who access services in York.
York and Selby Alzheimer's Society
York and Selby Alzheimer's Society offers information and practical guidance to help you understand dementia, cope with day-to-day challenges and prepare for the future.
Which? Later Life Care
Which? Later Life Care offers free independent and practical advice about caring for older people in the UK.
Useful links for carers
See further useful information for carers:
- Short breaks or holidays for carers
- Managing someone else’s affairs
- Support in the workplace for carers
- Young carers
- Training and education for carers
- Events and activities for carers