The following organisations offer support and advice for carers, and those in need of care.
York Carers Centre
17 Priory Street
York Carers Centre helps unpaid carers living with, or caring for someone who lives in York.
York Carers Centre can provide advice and information for carers, including some top tips to get you started.
The service offers:
- free advice and information
- a Carers' Emergency Card scheme
- services for young carers (8 to 18 years old)
- services for young adult carers (18 to 25 years old)
- support for carers affected by subtance misuse
- regular newsletters
- discounts with local businesses
Crossroads - Caring for Carers
7 Regent Buildings
Crossroads provide practical help and short breaks for carers of both adults and children.
Telephone: 01904 790200
Website: Crossroads Care
Age UK York
Norman Collinson House
Age UK provide advice, information and practical help for people over 60 and their carers, including:
- benefits advice
- community befriending and support services
- short breaks for carers of older people
York Parent Carer Forum
The York Parent Carer Forum is a forum for children and young people aged up to 25 years with a disability or additional needs who access services in York.
Alzheimer's Society Selby and York
Suites G4, G5 and G12
Telephone: 01904 567701
Which? Later Life Care
Which? Later Life Care offers free independent and practical advice about caring for older people in the UK.
Useful links for carers
People who care for others may not realise that support is also available to help them, see information about:
- Short breaks or holidays for carers
- Managing someone else’s affairs
- Support in the workplace for carers
- Young carers
- Training and education for carers
- Events and activities for carers