Anyone included in the 'register of electors' can complete an application form to request a postal vote.
To apply you must:
- already be registered to vote
- have been 'confirmed' under the Individual Electoral Registration System (introduced June 2014)
Apply for a postal vote
- complete an application form to request a postal vote - print the form and complete it using black ink, an original is needed as part of the anti-fraud checks, scans/copies may not be of sufficient quality for signature matching
- provide your date of birth and signature on the application form (if you have trouble providing a consistent signature, you may apply for a waiver, contact us for a 'Waiver Postal Vote Application Form')
- return your completed form to the Electoral Registration Officer no later than 5.00pm on the eleventh working day before an election
- contact Electoral Services if you're unable to print the application form at home and a copy will be sent to you
Do not email your application form; this will delay processing as we need an original signature during checking.