Postal votes for City of York Council Elections – Thursday 4 May 2023
The deadline to apply for a postal vote for the ward and parish elections for the City of York Council is 5.00pm on Tuesday 18 April. Application forms must be received by this deadline for a postal vote to be sent.
The first delivery of postal votes will be around Friday 14 April for those electors who have an existing postal vote arranged, the final delivery of postal votes will be from the week commencing Monday 24 April for those applications received up to the deadline.
Anyone included in the 'register of electors' can complete an application form to request a postal vote from GOV.UK.
To apply you must:
- already be registered to vote
- your identity will be confirmed at the time of your application
Apply for a postal vote
- complete an application form to request a postal vote from GOV.UK - print the form and complete it using black ink, an original is needed as part of the anti-fraud checks, scans/copies may not be of sufficient quality for signature matching
- provide your date of birth and signature on the application form (if you have trouble providing a consistent signature, you may apply for a waiver, contact us for a 'Waiver Postal Vote Application Form')
- return your completed form to the Electoral Registration Officer no later than 5.00pm on the eleventh working day before an election
- contact Electoral Services if you're unable to print the application form at home and a copy will be sent to you
Do not email your application form; this will delay processing as we need an original signature during checking.
Comment on this page