If you see an excessively smoky bus or lorry, you can report this to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).

Reporting a smoky vehicle

Report a smoky vehicle via GOV.UK, you'll need to provide:

  • the vehicle registration number
  • the type of vehicle (for example, a bus or lorry)
  • the date, time and place that you saw the vehicle
  • the name of the vehicle operator (if possible)

Also see

Public Protection - Air Quality

Eco Depot, Hazel Court, York, YO10 3DS

Telephone: 01904 551525