York Schools Forum is made up of representatives from schools and academies across York.
Other non-school organisations are also represented, such as nursery and 14 to 19 education providers.
Schools Forum meetings 2023 to 2024
All Schools Forum meetings take place from 8.00am to 9.30am. Meetings are held at West Offices.
|Autumn term 2023||Thursday 19 October 2023|
|Spring term 2024||Thursday 1 February 2024|
|Summer term 2024||Thursday 9 May 2024|
|Summer term 2024||Thursday 4 July 2024|
See details of our Schools Forum membership.
Schools Forum meeting documents
Schools Forum responsibilities
The forum acts as a consultative body on some issues and a decision-making body on others for:
- changes to the local funding formula (the local authority is responsible for the final decision, although in some cases it may delegate this to the Schools Forum)
- proposed changes to the operation of the 'minimum funding guarantee'
- changes to/new contracts affecting schools (for example, school meals)
- arrangements for pupils with Special Educational Needs, in pupil referral units and in 'early years' provision
The forum is responsible for decisions on:
- how much funding can be retained centrally within the Dedicated Schools Grant (for example, for the Admissions Service, borrowing costs, additional funding available for growing schools)
- any proposed central spend deficit 'carry forward' from one year to the next
- proposals to de-delegate funding from maintained primary and secondary schools (for example, for staff supply cover, insurance, behaviour support)
- changes to the scheme of financial management
Schools Forums good practice
See Schools Forum operational and good practice guide (GOV.UK) for further guidance on School Forums, including:
- powers and responsibilities
- self-assessment toolkits