York Schools Forum is made up of representatives from schools and academies across York.
Other 'non-school' organisations are also represented, such as nursery and 14-19 education providers.
Schools Forum meetings 2021 to 2022
All Schools Forum meetings take place from 9.00am to midday. Meetings will be being held virtually until further notice.
|Summer 2022||Tuesday 5 July|
See details of our Schools Forum membership.
Schools Forum meeting documents
Schools Forum responsibilities
The forum acts as a consultative body on some issues and a decision-making body on others for:
- changes to the local funding formula (the local authority is responsible for the final decision, although in some cases it may delegate this to the Schools Forum)
- proposed changes to the operation of the 'minimum funding guarantee'
- changes to/new contracts affecting schools (for example, school meals)
- arrangements for pupils with Special Educational Needs, in pupil referral units and in 'early years' provision
The forum is responsible for decisions on:
- how much funding can be retained centrally within the Dedicated Schools Grant (for example, for the Admissions Service, borrowing costs, additional funding available for growing schools)
- any proposed central spend deficit 'carry forward' from one year to the next
- proposals to de-delegate funding from maintained primary and secondary schools (for example, for staff supply cover, insurance, behaviour support)
- changes to the scheme of financial management
Schools Forums good practice
See Schools Forum operational and good practice guide (GOV.UK) for further guidance on School Forums, including:
- powers and responsibilities
- self-assessment toolkits