Complete a temporary bus stop request form if you're planning street works which will impact one or more bus stops in York.
Sometimes it may be unnecessary to close a bus stop, or there may not be a suitable alternative location for a temporary stop. Contact us to discuss your requirements before submitting this form.
Send us your completed form no less than 5 days in advance of your required relocation.
We'll accept 'late-notice' and emergency submissions, but at an additional cost.
What temporary bus stop requests don't cover
Don't use our temporary bus stop request form to request:
- the permanent relocation of a bus stop
- installation of additional bus stop facilities
Temporary bus stop fees
Fees are as follows:
- installation and removal of a temporary stop = £88.00
- removal of a permanent bus stop = £166.00
- damage to/unauthorised removal of a temporary stop = (up to) £166.00
All fees are detailed in our temporary bus stop request form.
Returning your temporary bus stop request form
When returning your form:
- send it either by post or email
- a signature is always required
- emailed 'short notice' applications are accepted (provided you send a signed copy by post as soon as possible)