The North Yorkshire and York Concessionary Fares Scheme exists to allow bus operators to claim for concessionary journeys made by older and disabled pass holders. The scheme covers the areas administered by us and North Yorkshire Council.
Bus service registration
From 24 April 2018, bus operators are required to notify local authorities 28 days before they apply to register or vary a service with the Traffic Commissioner. In addition to the 42 day notice period required by the Traffic Commissioner, this means that operators must notify the local authority 70 days before they intend to start operating the new or revised service.
If you are a bus operator planning to register, vary or cancel a local bus service operating wholly or partly within the City of York area you should:
- read our procedure for local bus service registrations guidance notes
- complete your registration form (either PSV350 or PSV355) available from the Traffic Commissioners website
- if your company uses the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency’s Electronic Bus Service Registration (EBSR) service, you will need to provide us with a copy of the full timetable and route map for the service you propose to register or vary
- complete page 1 of the Local Authority Notification Form - which can provided on request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- return the notification form, along with your completed registration documents to email@example.com
We will complete the remainder of the notification form and return it to you within 28 days.
You must then provide the completed notification form, along with your application, to the Traffic Commissioner.
Bus Service Registrations
Transport Planning Unit