Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
Streets, roads and pavements

Report a public rights of way problem

Contact the Public Rights of Way Team to report an issue with a public right of way (PRoW), such as:

  • quality of path surfaces
  • blocked paths or overgrown vegetation
  • damaged or missing signposts
  • damage to bridges, stiles or gates

When you report a problem it is helpful if you can provide:

  • a description of the problem
  • what you would like us to do
  • a description of the location, with grid references
  • road or farm names
  • your details, so we can let you know what action we have taken

Your enquiry will still be dealt with if you do not give your details.

Also see

Public Rights of Way Team

West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 551550