Your ward councillors are:
Your ward councillors set priorities and work to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers/partners working in the area.
You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out about how local priorities are being addressed. View agendas and minutes from Micklegate Ward committee meetings.
Ward Profile, Priorities and Funding
The Micklegate Ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.
In Micklegate Ward the current priorities are:
- a neighbourhood shaped by the community
- a community where all generations are supported, looked after and included
- a safe and resilient community
- a clean and green community
Ward councillors are currently consulting on new priorities for the ward.
Each ward has a budget to spend on local priorities. For 2017-2018 the ward budget is £33,180. To find out what been spent so far, see ward funding decisions. You can find out more at your annual ward committee meetings or by contacting your Community Involvement Officer.
Consultations and decisions on funding happen at ward committee meetings, team meetings and through other engagement opportunities such as surveys and councillor surgeries.
Ward news and information
Find out what's happening by:
- reading ward news
- following @MicklegateWard on Twitter
- contacting your ward councillors
- contacting your Community Involvement Officer asking to join the email list for updates on news and events
Residents' Associations in Micklegate Ward are:
- Cambridge Street & Lowther Terrace (CAMLOW) Residents' Association
- Clementhorpe Community Association
- Nunnery Area Residents' Association (NARA)
Micklegate Ward has a planning panel made up of local residents who come together to discuss and respond to local planning applications. Contact your Community Involvement Officer for information about how to join.