Germany Beck is a 24.3 hectare site on the edge of Fulford, about a mile and a half south of the city centre.
Outline planning consent was granted in 2007 to provide approximately 700 new homes, with a mixture of house types, including a significant element of affordable housing for both sale and rent. Subsequently, reserved matters approval was granted in 2013 for the appearance, landscaping, layout and scale of 655 dwellings and associated facilities.
Development works have commenced on site with:
- the construction of the new junction with the A19 (now operational)
- the construction of the initial section of the internal access road
- the creation of the flood compensatory storage ponds
- the foundations for the approved houses in Phase 1
Latest Information on the Germany Beck development
Construction work has commenced on this residential housing scheme of 655 dwellings following grant of outline and reserved matters approval.
You can find out more about the Germany Beck development on the Persimmon Homes website.
Timeline for the Germany Beck development
- 2006 - public inquiry held, a report to the Secretary of State for communities and local government
- May 2007 - outline planning permission approved, ref: 01/01315/OUT, which granted the principle of development - see the Secretary of State's decision
- details of the developer’s consultation can be found on their website
- 25 April 2013 - a reserved matters application by Persimmon Homes and Hogg the Builder for the development of Germany Beck was approved at our planning committee, ref:12/00384/REMM. The reserved matters application includes details of appearance, landscaping, layout and scale of 677 dwellings and associated facilities
- View the application documents
- An initial section of the access road was constructed in April 2015 and, following refusal by the Courts to grant leave to challenge the approvals, further preparatory works for the housing development including the new junction, access road and flood compensatory storage ponds commenced in 2016 and are ongoing.
Germany Beck community forum
We re-established the Germany Beck Community Forum in December 2011, and it has met six times to discuss the reserved matters scheme prior to submission. It is envisaged that the group will continue to consider the ongoing implementation of the development. This group gives local representatives an opportunity to engage on different aspects of the application.
See the notes from the last meeting.