Your ward councillor is:
Your ward councillor sets priorities and works to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers and partners working in the area.
You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out about how local priorities are being addressed. View agendas and minutes from Fulford and Heslington ward committee meetings.
Fulford and Heslington Ward profile, priorities and funding
The Fulford and Heslington Ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.
Fulford and Heslington ward has a budget which may be used for community, environmental, highways and social care projects.
- community projects may include grants to voluntary organisations and to purchase services for the local area
- environmental projects include parks and gardens, open spaces, grass cutting and flower beds
- the Highway programme includes improvements to surfacing, footpaths, cycle-ways and lighting
- other projects such as reducing social isolation and loneliness, prevention of falls, access to a regular nutritious meal, community transport, practical support, handyperson services and extra support for carers
The ward budget for 2017 to 2018 is £11,890 with an additional Highways Improvement budget of £5,660.
The ward team have agreed the priorities for 2017 to 2018 as:
- focus on addressing social isolation and loneliness
- enhance and preserve the local environment
- foster a sense of community and support local voluntary groups
Community groups and voluntary organisations based in Fulford and Heslington ward can apply for ward committee funding.
Ward funding grant application supporting documents:
- Ward funding application form
- Funding application guidance notes
- Ward grant monitoring form
- Ward funding - guide to sustaining your project
The upcoming deadlines for applications are:
- Tuesday 31 October 2017 - applications will be considered at a ward team meeting on 1 November 2017
- Friday 16 February 2018 - applications will be considered at a ward team meeting on 28 February 2018
Housing Environment Improvement Programme
The Housing Environment Improvement Programme (HEIP) supports the delivery of local priorities, specifically improvements that tenants have identified as important.
Residents' Associations, Parish Councils and Planning Panels
Residents' Associations in this ward:
Parish Councils in Fulford and Heslington Ward are:
Planning Panels are not active in areas where there are Parish Councils.
Contact your Community Involvement Officer for more information on Residents' Associations and Planning Panels.
YorWellbeing support in your Ward
YorWellbeing offers support to help residents to continue to live independently and safely in their homes.
The Yorwellbeing handyperson service can perform small jobs around your home if you are:
- aged 60 years and over
Fulford and Heslington Ward news and information
Find out what's happening by:
- reading Ward news
- following @FulfordHesWard on Twitter
- contacting your ward councillor
- contacting your Community Involvement Officer by phone or email and requesting to join the email list for regular updates on news and events