Making this information public:
- enables tenants and landlords to shop around
- provides greater consumer choice
- encourages letting agents to offer competitive fees
Displaying fees in relation to the levels of service provided also helps landlords and tenants make more informed choices.
Failure to display letting agent fees
We may serve a 'penalty notice' if letting agents fail to display fees on their website and in their agency offices.
If letting agents don't agree with a penalty they may:
- make written representations within 28 days
- make an appeal to the first-tier tribunal after 28 days
Contact our Housing Standards and Adaptations Team for more details about publicising letting agent fees.