Your ward councillors are:
- Cllr Chris Cullwick (Liberal Democrats)
- Cllr Keith Orrell (Liberal Democrats)
- Cllr Carol Runciman (Liberal Democrats)
Ward profile, priorities and funding
The Huntington and New Earswick Ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.
Your ward councillors set priorities and work to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers/partners working in the area.
You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out local information and how local priorities are being addressed. View agendas and minutes from Huntington and New Earswick Ward Committee meetings.
Based on feedback from residents, ward councillors have set the following current ward priorities:
- a well maintained ward
- providing engagement opportunities throughout the ward for all, particularly for young people and 'hard to reach' groups
- addressing social isolation and loneliness
Huntington and New Earswick Ward budget
Each ward has a budget to spend on local priorities. For 2022 to 2023 the ward budget allocation is £60,212.
The ward also receives a budget allocation for improvements to local highways. This is a 4-year programme and the amount allocated for 2019 to 2022 is £134,000.
To find out what has been spent so far, see decisions on funding. You can find out more at your annual ward committee meetings or by contacting your Community Officer.
Consultations and decisions on funding happen at ward committee meetings and through surveys and councillor surgeries.
Ward grant applications
Community groups and voluntary organisations based in the ward can apply for budget funding by making a ward grant application.
This ward is currently inviting ward grant applications. See further information about ward grant applications, and how to apply.
Community projects eligible for grants may include services for the local area, such as projects which:
- help to achieve ward priorities
- provide a service in the ward
- provide opportunities for ward residents to become involved
Residents' Associations, Parish Councils and Planning Panels
There is no active Residents' Association in this ward.
Parish councils in this Ward:
Planning Panels are not active in areas where there are Parish Councils.
Contact your Community Involvement Officer for more information on Residents' Associations and Planning Panels.
Local Area Coordination
Local Area Coordinators help you stay safe, well, independent and connected to your local community.
Support in your ward
The City of York Council Health Trainers offer free health and wellbeing support.
Our skilled Health Trainers are able to offer confidential one-to-one support and guidance, face-to-face or remotely, to help you with:
- healthy eating advice and weight management
- finding new ways to be more active
- quitting smoking
- reducing your alcohol intake
- finding groups and activities to get back out in the community
Huntington and New Earswick Ward information
Stay up to date with what's happening in Huntington and New Earswick Ward by:
- following @HNEWard on Twitter
- contacting your ward councillors
- contacting your Community Involvement Officer (CIO)
Ask your CIO to add you to their email list for updates on news and events.