Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

House to house collections

If you wish to collect money or items such as clothing or textiles for a charitable purpose by going house to house or from pubs, offices or factories, you need to apply for a house to house collection licence (if you do not hold an exemption order from the Home Office).

Licences can be issued for up to one year, there is no cost, but you do have to follow the house to house collections regulations.

Applying for a house to house collection licence

  • complete your application form
  • return it to our licensing team at least 28 days before the collection

If you are applying as a separate body on behalf of a charitable organisation, a donation of proceeds agreement form will also need to be completed and submitted with the application.

Also see

Licensing Services

Eco Depot, Hazel Court, York, YO10 3DS

Telephone: 01904 552422