Your ward councillors are:
Your ward councillors set priorities and work to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers and partners working in the area.
You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out about how local priorities are being addressed. View minutes and agendas from Holgate Ward Committee meetings.
You can attend a local surgery to speak to your councillors, ask questions and raise any issues you have.
- Bowls Pavilion, West Bank Park - 8am to 10am every first Saturday of the month
- Cafe Leemo, Livingstone Street - 8am to 10am every third Saturday of the month
Holgate Ward profile, priorities and funding
The Holgate Ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.
Based on feedback from residents, ward councillors have set the following current ward priorities:
- supporting and encouraging the efforts of local people and groups to continue to improve Holgate and provide activities for people of all ages
- supporting and encouraging strong, safe and friendly communities
- working with communities to reduce social isolation
- working to ensure local investment and developments, such as York Central, are developed appropriately
You can find out more at your annual ward committee meetings or by contacting your Community Involvement Officer.
Each ward has a budget to spend on local priorities. Ward Committees make recommendations to the Corporate Director of Children, Education and Communities on how the money should be spent.
For 2019 to 2020 the ward budget has been set at £43,530.
Consultations and decisions on funding happen at ward committee meetings and through surveys and councillor surgeries.
Ward grant applications
Community groups and voluntary organisations based in the ward can apply for budget funding by making a ward grant application.
This ward is currently inviting ward grant applications. See further information about ward grant applications, and how to apply.
Community projects eligible for grants may include services for the local area, such as projects which:
- help to achieve ward priorities
- provide a service in the ward
- provide opportunities for ward residents to become involved
Housing Environment Improvement Programme
The Housing Environment Improvement Programme (HEIP) supports the delivery of local priorities, specifically improvements that tenants have identified as important.
Residents' Associations, Parish Councils and Planning Panels
Residents' Associations in Holgate ward are:
- St Paul's Square Residents' Association
- Lindsey Residents' Association
Holgate Ward does not fall within a Parish Council area.
A Planning Panel is made up of local residents who come together to discuss and respond to local planning applications.
Contact your Community Involvement Officer for more information on Residents' Associations and Planning Panels.
Local Area Coordination
Local Area Coordinators help you stay safe, well, independent and connected to your local community.
Support in your ward
The City of York Council Health Trainers offer support to help residents to continue to live independently and safely in their homes.
The Healthy Homes handyperson service can perform small jobs around your home if you are:
- aged 60 years and over
Falls Prevention Scheme
Holgate Ward information
Stay up to date with what's happening in Holgate Ward by:
- following @HolgateWard on Twitter
- contacting your ward councillors
- contacting your Community Involvement Officer (CIO)
Ask your CIO to add you to their email list for updates on news and events.