Your ward councillors are:
Your ward councillors set priorities and work to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers and partners working in the area.
You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out about how local priorities are being addressed. View minutes and agendas from Holgate Ward Committee meetings.
Holgate Ward profile, priorities and funding
The Holgate Ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.
Holgate Ward has a budget to spend on local priorities. For 2017 to 2018 the ward budget has been set at £80,440. To find out what has been spent so far, see ward funding decisions. Based on feedback from residents, and taking into consideration statistical information and local intelligence available from local partners, ward councillors set the following priorities:
- supporting and encouraging the efforts of local people and groups to continue to improve Holgate and provide activities for people of all ages
- supporting and encouraging strong, safe and friendly communities
- working with communities to reduce social isolation
- working to ensure local investment and developments, such as York Central, are developed appropriately
You can find out more at your annual ward committee meetings or by contacting your Community Involvement Officer.
Community groups and voluntary organisations based in the ward can apply for ward committee funding.
Ward funding grant application supporting documents:
- Ward funding application form
- Funding application guidance notes
- Ward grant monitoring form
- Ward funding - guide to sustaining your project
Consultations and decisions on funding happen at ward committee meetings, team meetings and through other engagement opportunities such as surveys and councillor surgeries.
Housing Environment Improvement Programme
The Housing Environment Improvement Programme (HEIP) supports the delivery of local priorities, specifically improvements that tenants have identified as important.
Residents' Associations, Parish Councils and Planning Panels
Residents' Associations in Holgate ward are:
- St Paul's Square Residents' Association
- Lindsey Residents' Association
Holgate Ward does not fall within a Parish Council area.
A Planning Panel is made up of local residents who come together to discuss and respond to local planning applications.
Contact your Community Involvement Officer for more information on Residents' Associations and Planning Panels.
Local Area Coordination
Local Area Coordinators help you stay safe, well, independent and connected to your local community.
See our Local Area Coordination page for further information about how to access this service in Holgate Ward.
YorWellbeing support in your Ward
YorWellbeing offers support to help residents to continue to live independently and safely in their homes.
The Yorwellbeing handyperson service can perform small jobs around your home if you are:
- aged 60 years and over
Holgate Ward news and information
Find out what's happening by:
- reading Ward news
- following @HolgateWard on Twitter
- contacting your ward councillors
- contacting your Community Involvement Officer requesting to join the email list for regular news updates