You will need to provide:
- proof of age (for example a passport, birth certificate, driving licence, medical card, letter or statement from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- proof of address (for example a recent utility or council tax bill)
- proof of disability (to find out what is required go to our disabled bus pass page for more information)
You do not need to bring a photograph when you apply in person, as our staff will take your picture for you.
Once your application has been approved, you will receive your new pass in the post within 10 working days.
Without sufficient proof, we cannot issue you with a pass. Someone else may apply on your behalf, but they will still need to provide proof of your entitlement, plus a passport sized photograph of you.
Applying for your disabled person's bus pass by post
Complete the disabled person's bus pass application form if you want to apply for a new bus pass, or renew your bus pass.
When you return your form by post you must include:
- a passport sized photograph of yourself (write your name on the back)
- proof of your age (photocopy of passport, birth certificate, driving licence, medical card, letter or statement from the DWP)
- proof of your address (photocopy of a recent utility or council tax bill)
- proof of your disability (to find out what is required go to our disabled bus pass page for more information)
Please allow up to 10 working days for us to process your application.
Renewing your disabled person's bus pass
If your pass is due to expire in the next month, please complete a disabled person's bus pass application form and return it to us with proof of your address and continuing disability as detailed above. If your appearance has not changed since your last pass was issued, you do not need to provide a new photograph.
Alternatively you can bring your documents to be checked our Customer Centre, where we can take a new photo, if required.
Lost and stolen bus passes
If you've lost your pass you do not need to complete the application form or provide further supporting documents in order for a replacement to be issued. Contact us to request your replacement.
The charge for replacing a lost bus pass is £10.
Stolen passes will be replaced free of charge on production of a valid police incident number.
Please allow 10 working days for your replacement buss pass application to be processed.