We spend approximately £144 million each year buying goods and services through our commercial procurement processes.
This helps provide facilities and services to the residents of York.
Find out more about:
- tendering for contracts
- Find a Tender Service
- procurement framework agreements
- the Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation
Tendering for contracts
YORtender online tendering
YORtender allows for a fair and transparent tendering process.
Before awarding contracts, our Procurement Team can:
- invite suppliers
- publish quotation documents
- evaluate all responses
Registration is free. You'll start receiving email alerts on relevant projects as soon as you've completed your supplier registration and chosen your relevant categories.
See the YORtender contracts register for details of who we and other local authorities have already awarded contracts to.
Learn how we've improved our procurement process for minor building works contracts worth between £25k and 100k.
Find a Tender Service
From 1 January 2021, following the transition period, any UK public sector opportunity above public procurement thresholds will also be published to the new UK e-notification service, the Find a Tender Service (FTS).
Suppliers may wish to:
- register for notifications of above public procurement threshold opportunities from the wider UK public sector
- view information on which suppliers have been appointed to public sector contracts, following above threshold procurement exercises
Procurement framework agreements
There's a wide range of existing procurement framework agreements accessible by local authorities.
See further information about framework agreements from the following organisations:
- Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation
- Crown Commercial Service
- Eastern Shires Purchasing Organisation
- North East Procurement Organisation
Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation
We're one of 13 local authorities who are founder members of the Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation (YPO).
YPO has agreements (or 'frameworks') that are:
- ready-made for you to access
- quick and simple to use
- value for money
YPO can offer you support with:
- making savings
- unlocking budget constraints
- providing front-line services
- social value
- education services