We'll only issue you with a licence:
- after the site has been inspected
- if the correct planning consents are in place
- following consultation with North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue
- we're satisfied that you're a 'fit and proper person' to manage the site
Licence fees for caravan sites and mobile home sites
There is no charge for caravan site licences.
See details of mobile homes site licensing fees.
Caravan sites 'fit and proper person'
The Mobile Homes (Requirements for Manager of Site to be Fit and Proper Person) (England) Regulations 2020 prohibit the use of land as a residential mobile home site, unless we're satisfied that the owner of the site is a 'fit and proper person' to manage the site.
Unless the site is exempt, you (the Site Owner, or your appointed Site Manager) must:
- be a fit and proper person to lawfully operate a park home site
- apply to be included in the local Register of Fit and Proper Persons to Manage a Site
You must also let us know of changes such as a sale of the site, a change in manager, or a change to the fit and proper person status.
Register of licensed caravan sites
View the register of licensed caravan sites.
Caravan site and mobile home site rules
The following mobile home site rules are held by us:
We have no enforcement powers to object to site rules; seek legal advice if you disagree with the rules for your site.