York is a vibrant city, with traffic congestion, emissions and accessibility issues similar to many other cities in the UK.
Like many UK cities, York is turning to innovation and cutting-edge technology in a bid to improve the lives and wellbeing of its citizens.
Using digital technology to improve travel in York
Across a range of projects, we will use new digital approaches to:
- collect city wide data
- aid planning and improve access for new developments
- evolve current equipment to reduce congestion and improve traffic management
- influence travel behaviour
Current travel projects
We are currently focusing on:
- Transport Technology Research and Investment Grant (T-TRIG) studies
- A59 Corridor works - Eboracum Project
- Smart Travel Evolution Programme (STEP)
We're looking for suppliers to work on the Smart Travel Evolution Programme (STEP), a £2.85m government-funded project to transform the way we manage traffic.
We want to work with suppliers of high quality IT infrastructure, transport technology, data collection/processing, or with expertise in data visualisation and presentation. Learn more about Smart Travel Evolution Programme (STEP) and the opportunities to work for City of York Council.
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA