You can make comments on planning applications:
- while viewing planning applications online - you will need to register or login to leave comments and receive updates on applications. Your session may 'time out' without warning, so for longer messages you may need to compose your comments outside the webpage. You can then 'paste' your text in once you're ready to submit. Please include the submission date at the end of your comment
- by email to email@example.com
- by post to Development Management, City of York Council, West Offices, York YO1 6GA
If you submit comments by email or post, please note we are unable to send an acknowledgement.
We will publish responses to consultations on our Planning Access pages, removing your telephone number, email address and signature. In order for your comments or objections to be registered, and for us to be able to send you further correspondence relating to the application, you must include:
- your name
- your contact address
- the reference number of the application (if known)
- the address of the property to which your comments relate to
- your comments and / or objections
By sending your comments you confirm that you agree to the above and that you accept legal responsibility for your comments.
Your comments will be removed from the website when the application has been decided, but will be retained indefinitely on the digital planning application file which is available for inspection on request.