If you're a young person who's been 'looked after' by City of York Council, we can help if you have left, or are preparing to leave care.
Your social worker will put you in touch with our Pathway Team.
Care leavers' needs assessment
We'll make an assessment of your needs from meeting with you, the people who care for you and any other people who know you well.
We look at your:
- practical skills and what you might need help with
- leisure interests
- education, training and/or employment
Following your needs assessment, we'll write your Pathway plan which will:
- set out your ambitions
- identify what you might need help with
- define who'll be able to help you
We'll review your Pathway plan together every six months to:
- see what's changed
- agree any new actions
- identify support that you may need to help achieve your goals
Continued support for care leavers
Ask your Pathway Worker about:
- 'I Still Matter' Care Leavers' Forum
- our care leavers' groups
- our newsletters
- the wide range of social activities we run for care leavers
Local Offer to care leavers
Find out more about what we offer to York care leavers in our Local Offer to care leavers booklet.