Find out what you need to know about council services if your business is moving into York city centre, such as:
- Commercial waste and recycling - find out more about commercial waste and recycling in York
- Food safety and standards - advice on setting up a new food business
- Parking - car park maps, permits and discounts
- Planning guidance - advice about archaeology, conservation areas, listed buildings and open space in developments
- York city centre - information about pedestrian areas, disabled access and street trading
Starting a new business
If you are looking to start a new business in York, the Economic Growth Team's Business Managers offer help, support and advice on setting up and starting a new business.
Public protection services and YES for local businesses
Our 'public protection service' is committed to working in partnership with local business to offer a wide range of advisory and regulatory based services to enable businesses to reach their full potential.
The 'YES Consultancy' is part of City of York Council- our experienced and qualified team provides businesses with comprehensive and professional environmental advice in the following areas:
- contaminated land
- environmental protection
- air quality and low emissions
- vibration surveys and assessments
- kitchen extraction and abatement
- odour surveys and assessments
- trading standards
- food safety and food standards advice
Download our public protection services and YES brochure for more information.
Check the Health and Safety Executive website for more information on the following topics, for new and existing businesses:
Alternatively, get advice on general health and safety law which will be applicable to your business.
For advice on fire safety, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org