If you want to store petroleum which is intended to be put in to the fuel tank of internal combustion engines (for example, into a vehicle in a petrol station), then you will need a licence.
Please read our petroleum storage guidance before completing the petroleum storage licence application form:
- petroleum storage guidance
- petroleum storage facts and fees
- petroleum storage licence application form
Return your applicaton to Licensing Services, along with the appropriate fee.
You can expect to hear from us within 12 weeks for the granting of a new licence, and within 28 days for a renewal.
Petroleum licence fees
See details of fees for petroleum certificates and licences.
Not all applications fall under tacit consent parameters, due to reasons of public interest.
If tacit consent applies, then you can act as if your application has been granted if we do not respond within a specified time after the confirmed receipt of your application.
Tacit consent does not apply to this application, therefore it is in the public interest that we process your application before it can be granted.
- you cannot assume permission will be given
- we will contact you within 28 days to acknowledge receipt of your application
- if you have not heard from us within 28 days please contact us to check the status of your application