Graffiti is criminal damage. It spoils the local environment and encourages other forms of anti social behaviour. It can be costly to remove from properties.
We will remove graffiti from public property.
Use our eForm to report graffiti to be cleared from public property.
We aim to:
- remove offensive graffiti in 24 hours
- remove non-offensive graffiti in 4 working days
We will not remove graffiti from private property.
Graffiti on public property
Public property includes:
- ancient monuments and some memorials
- city walls and bar walls
- council fences, walls or boundaries
- some bridges
- bus stops and sign posts
- dog bins and litter bins
- council houses or buildings
- play equipment
- street furniture, such as seats
Graffiti on private property
We're unable to remove graffiti from private property.
Our Neighbourhood Enforcement Officers can discuss options with you if you're a property owner. They can advise you on the removal of graffiti from private residential or commercial properties.