Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
Health and social care

Going into or coming out of hospital

If you go into hospital and need some extra help, the hospital will contact us via one of our customer advice centres.

We can arrange help for anyone over 18; we'll come and talk to you, and anyone else involved, and work out what sort of help would be best for you.

When you're discharged from hospital we will ensure that if you are eligible to receive services, you will receive the help you need.

See details of availability of short-stay independent living at Marjorie Waite Court, to assist when coming out of hospital.

If you cannot go home there are other options that we can advise about.

Benefit reassessments

If you are going into, or coming out of hospital, and you claim housing benefit or Council Tax Support let us know as soon as possible.

It's likely that your benefits will need to be reassessed:

  • when you're in hospital
  • when you come out of hospital

Cost of help

If you need any social care services we'll arrange for you to have a financial assessment; ou don't have to pay for a social worker to visit and advise you.

The financial assessment will work out or what amount you can afford to pay (if any) to contribute towards the cost of the care you receive.

Also see


West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 551556