- Address and contact details
Marjorie Waite Court
Telephone: 01904 551875
- Local amenities
Marjorie Waite Court is situated just off Burton Stone Lane, next to Burton Stone Community Centre. It is a sheltered housing with extra care scheme.
There are a number of local supermarkets close by as well as a greengrocer, bakeries, butchers, takeaways, a nearby pharmacy and Post Office, all within easy walking distance.
Clarence Gardens is nearby which hold regular bowling events.
There are 3 local churches nearby:
- St Joseph's on Burdyke Avenue
- St Luke’s Parish Church on Burton Stone Lane
- Clifton Methodist Church on Clifton
Marjorie Waite Court has a connection with St Luke’s Church whose vicar visits regularly to hold a communion for our residents.
There are regular bus services which run into the city centre, Clifton Moor shopping centre, York Hospital.
For up-to-date information about local bus routes see the iTravel York website.
Marjorie Waite Court is a friendly independent living community with extra care.
Personal Support Services provide planned care on-site as all residents have assessed care and support needs.
We have 1 and 2 bedroomed apartments and bungalows, both with their own lounge and kitchen areas.
2 lifts and stairs provide access to all floors.
The apartments have their own bathroom and some have a level-access wet room.
All kitchens come complete with space for fridge and washing machine, and some have a built-in oven, hob and extractor hood.
All communal areas, apartments and bungalows are fitted with Tunstall intercom and pull cords. Each tenant is also provided with a personal alarm.
We have 14 apartments designed to support people living with dementia. They are open plan and are fitted with glass-fronted cabinets to help people remain as independent as possible.
There are many facilities for our residents and guests to enjoy, including;
- a large residents’ and community café, dining area and lounge: a great place to relax with visitors or just for a cup of tea and a chat.
- new community hall with kitchenette facilities which can be booked for private events
- 3 private residents’ lounges, all with kitchenettes and two with spacious balconies
- 3 picturesque, landscaped garden areas for residents to enjoy with family and friends
- public wi-fi in communal areas
- 3 laundry rooms with washers and driers
- hairdressing salon where regular appointments can be booked
- treatment room for appointments
- a guest room which can be booked for residents’ friends or relations
- spacious buggy store for residents which has charging facilities for mobility scooters
- outdoor electric vehicle charging points for residents, visitors and neighbours
Download the Marjorie Waite Court information brochure.
Marjorie Waite Court has a lovely new café which provides 24-hour food options and three hot meals a day.
A community hall has opened on site which hosts events and activities for residents and the local community.
Hairdressing appointments can be booked at the on-site salon.
Choose2Youth are running the café, hall and salon.
A range of social activities take place in the communal lounge area. Residents can set up new activities and groups too.
- Tenant meetings
Meetings are held every two months so tenants can share ideas and thoughts on how to help make sure Marjorie Waite Court suits the needs of everyone.
Marjorie Waite Court is part of the Clifton Residents' Association and all are welcome to attend.