As an apprentice in York, you'll:
- gain job-specific skills
- earn a salary; apprentices in York earn between £125 and £350 per week (depending on the hours worked and level of apprenticeship)
- get a minimum of 12 months' paid employment and holiday pay
- be given time for study related to your role (the equivalent of 1 day a week)
- in some cases, work up the levels to get a degree or master's degree through apprenticeship training
Download our York Apprenticeship Guide for more information about apprenticeships.
York apprenticeship news and opportunities bulletin
Sign up to receive the weekly York apprenticeships email, which gives information about vacancies and events across the city.
If you're already in employment
If you're already in employment, you could do an apprenticeship as part of your professional development, such as working towards:
- management training
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- higher and degree level qualifications
Speak to your employer or contact our Apprenticeship Hub for more information.
Search for apprenticeship vacancies
Further information about apprenticeships and careers
For more information about apprenticeships and careers, contact:
- your school or college careers advisor
- the National Careers Service if you're aged 18 or over
- the York Apprenticeship Hub
- if you’re aged between 15 and 24 contact our FutureGoals Team for information, advice and guidance on your next steps in education or employment, email: email@example.com
Apprenticeship information for parents and teachers
Parents and teachers can access and download informative resources from the Amazing Apprenticeships website.
For parents this includes a monthly pack which is filled with the latest advice and guidance, supported by the National Apprenticeship Service.
For teachers this includes a range of quizzes, factsheets, posters, student packs broken down to the different key stages.
Apprenticeship information for businesses
We offer a free service to help businesses hire an apprentice, or use apprenticeship training to up-skill existing staff.