There are a number of upcoming live and web-based events related to apprenticeships in York.
York Apprenticeship Recruitment Event
The theme for the sixteenth annual National Apprenticeship Week is ‘Skills for Life’, reflecting how apprenticeships can help individuals to develop the skills and knowledge required for a rewarding career. Apprenticeships also help businesses develop a talented workforce that is equipped with skills for the future.
The Skills for Life Apprenticeship Fair is at York Racecourse from on Wednesday 8 February, from 1.00pm to 6.00pm. It's aimed at anyone wanting to start their career, up-skill or re-train and will include a diverse range of learning opportunities on offer across the region.
Over 80 local businesses and providers will be showcasing apprenticeship vacancies and offering advice at the event, which has been organised by York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Apprenticeship Hub in partnership with North Yorkshire Business and Education Partnership and City of York Council.
Online events and webinars
There are a number of live learning events and webinars available:
- National Apprenticeship Week resources and event schedule
- Amazing Apprenticeships - apprenticeship resources for schools, teachers, parents
- North Yorkshire LEP - Live Learn
Careers in the NHS:
- careers videos for schools
- information on the Trust Values (key for Healthcare Assistant applications) - The Values of York and Scarborough Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
For career pathways information, such as working up from a Band 2 Healthcare Assistant:
- Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
- Learn Live Industry insight into health and social care