As an apprentice in York, you'll:
- learn job-specific skills
- earn a salary; apprentices in York earn between £117 and £350 per week (depending on the hours worked and level of apprenticeship)
- get a minimum of 12 months' paid employment and holiday pay
- in some cases, work up the levels to get a degree or masters degree through apprenticeship training
Download our York Apprenticeship Guide for more information about apprenticeships.
York apprenticeship vacancy and events bulletin
Sign up to receive the weekly York apprenticeships email which gives information about vacancies and events across the city.
If you're already in employment
If you're already in employment, you could do an apprenticeship as part of your professional development, such as working towards:
- management training
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- higher and degree level qualifications
Speak to your employer or contact our Apprenticeship Hub for more information.
Search for apprenticeship vacancies
Further information about apprenticeships and careers
For more information about apprenticeships and careers, contact:
- your school or college careers advisor
- the National Careers Service if you're aged 18 or over
- the York Apprenticeship Hub
Apprenticeship information for parents and teachers
Parents and teachers can access and download informative resources from the Amazing Apprenticeships website.
Apprenticeship information for businesses
We also offer a free service to help businesses hire an apprentice or use apprenticeship training to up-skill existing staff.