As an apprentice in York, you will:
- learn job-specific skills
- earn a salary; apprentices in York earn on average between £117 and £350 per week (depending on the hours worked and level of apprenticeship)
- get a minimum of 12 months' paid employment and holiday pay
- in some cases, work up the levels to get a degree or masters degree through apprenticeship training
For more information on apprenticeships, download our York Apprenticeship Guide.
York apprenticeship vacancy and events bulletin
Sign up to receive the weekly York apprenticeships email, highlighting vacancies and events across the city.
If you're already in employment
If you're already in employment, you can do apprenticeship training for professional development, such as working towards management training, Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) or higher and degree level qualifications.
Speak to your employer or contact the Apprenticeship Hub for more information.
Search for apprenticeship vacancies
Further information about careers and apprenticeships
For more information about careers and apprenticeships, contact:
- your school or college careers advisor
- the National Careers Service if you're aged 18 or over
- the York Apprenticeship Hub
Information for parents and teachers about apprenticeships
Parents and teachers can access and download informative resources from the Amazing Apprenticeships website.
Information for businesses about apprenticeships
We also offer a free service to help businesses hire an apprentice or use apprenticeship training to up-skill existing staff.