The Winter Support Grant is provided by City of York Council to support people who require urgent financial assistance as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Winter Support Grant will provide assistance to families with children and other vulnerable households.
The Winter Support Grant can provide assistance with:
- Food and other household essentials, such as toiletries
- Energy bills – electricity, gas, oil
- Water bills (including sewerage)
- Mobile phone and internet connection/data bills
- Other exceptional emergency costs
Where possible assistance will provided in the form of e-Vouchers. Other grant award payments will be made to the applicant’s bank account.
The scheme is discretionary, awards will be assessed on the criteria set out. Applicants who are assessed as outside the criteria will be directed to alternative advice and support as appropriate.