The Winter Support Grant is now closed, from midnight on Friday 16 April 2021. If you have any queries regarding applications made prior to this date please email email@example.com.
The Winter Support Grant was provided by City of York Council to support people who require urgent financial assistance as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Winter Support Grant provided assistance to families with children and other vulnerable households.
The Winter Support Grant also provided assistance with:
- food and other household essentials, such as toiletries
- energy bills – electricity, gas, oil
- water bills (including sewerage)
- mobile phone and internet connection/data bills
- other exceptional emergency costs
Where possible assistance was provided in the form of e-Vouchers. Other grant award payments were be made to the applicant’s bank account.
The scheme is discretionary, awards were assessed on the criteria set out. Applicants who were assessed as outside the criteria were directed to alternative advice and support as appropriate.