If you advertise 2 or more vehicles for sale on a road within 500 metres of each other you're committing an offence under the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 and could be issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN).
If you receive an FPN for sale of vehicles on a road
Report the sale of vehicles on a road
We proactively monitor through patrols, but you can also report improper sale of vehicles on a road to our Neighbourhood Enforcement Team by providing information such as:
- the date and time that you witnessed the offence
- the location where you witnessed the offence
- description of persons selling vehicles
- address of persons selling vehicles
- details of vehicle(s) being sold, including vehicle registration(s)
- your name and contact details (which will remain confidential)
We'll issue an FPN for repairing of vehicles on a road if you're able to provide a full witness statement that contains sufficient evidence to identify the offender and demonstrate a prosecutable offence has taken place.