Your ward councillors are:

Your ward councillors set priorities and work to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers/partners working in the area.

You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out about how local priorities are being addressed. View agendas and minutes from Rural West Ward committee meetings.

Rural West York Ward profile, priorities and funding

The Rural West Ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated every 3 months.

Priorities for the ward are:

  • listen to young people and provide them with opportunities for engaging activities
  • improve the physical environment of the ward
  • support projects and initiatives which help residents feel included in their community and improve their wellbeing

Each ward has a budget to spend on local priorities. For 2017 to 2018 the ward budget is £50,450. To find out what been spent so far, see ward funding decisions. You can find out more at your annual ward committee meetings or by contacting your Community Involvement Officer.

Community groups and voluntary organisations based in the ward can apply for ward committee funding.

Ward funding grant application supporting documents:

Consultations and decisions on funding happen at ward committee meetings and team meetings and via surveys and councillor surgeries.

Housing Environment Improvement Programme

The Housing Environment Improvement Programme (HEIP) supports the delivery of local priorities, specifically improvements that tenants have identified as important.

Residents' Associations, Parish Councils and Planning Panels

Residents' Associations in this ward:

Parish Councils in this ward:

Planning Panels are not active in areas where there are Parish Councils.

Contact your Community Involvement Officer for more information on Residents' Associations and Planning Panels.

YorWellbeing support in your Ward

YorWellbeing offers support to help residents to continue to live independently and safely in their homes.

The Yorwellbeing handyperson service can perform small jobs around your home if you are:

  • aged 60 years and over
  • disabled

Rural West York Ward news and information

Find out what's happening by:

  • reading Ward news
  • following @RuralWestWard on Twitter
  • contacting your ward councillors
  • contacting your Community Involvement Officer and ask to be added to the news and events email list

Also see

Comment on this page