Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
Health and social care

Children and young people leaving care

If you're a young person who's been 'looked after' by City of York Council, we can help if you have left, or are preparing to leave care.

Your social worker will put you in touch with our Pathway Team.

Care leavers' needs assessment

We'll make an assessment of your needs from meeting with you, the people who care for you and any other people who know you well.

We look at your:

  • practical skills and what you might need help with
  • health
  • leisure interests
  • finances
  • accommodation
  • education, training and/or employment

Pathway plan

Following your needs assessment, we'll write your Pathway plan which will:

  • set out your ambitions
  • identify what you might need help with
  • define who'll be able to help you

We'll review your Pathway plan together every six months to:

  • see what's changed
  • agree any new actions
  • identify support that you may need to help achieve your goals

Continued support for care leavers

Ask your Pathway Worker about:

  • 'I Still Matter' Care Leavers' Forum
  • our care leavers' groups
  • our newsletters
  • the wide range of social activities we run for care leavers

Local Offer to care leavers

Find out more about what we offer to York care leavers in our Local Offer to care leavers.

Also see

Pathway Team

Howe Hill, 136 Acomb Road, York, YO24 4HA

Telephone: 01904 555389

City of York Safeguarding Children Partnership

The City of York Safeguarding Children Partnership (CYSCP) has a vision for children to grow up in safety and to always feel safe; CYSCP support and enable local organisations to work together to safeguard children and young people.
Speak Up - York's Children's Rights and Advocacy Service (logo)

Speak Up is the name of York's children's rights and advocacy service, which promotes rights and entitlements, to facilitate participation opportunities for children and young people.

Visit the Speak UP website