You can apply for an 'immigration inspection' if you are the sponsor of the person(s) coming to the UK. Our assessment:
- looks at the number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodation
- ensures the property is safe, in a good state of repair and doesn't pose a health and safety risk
- checks whether the property would become overcrowded if more people move in
Following an inspection, we'll provide a report which is valid for 12 weeks.
Arranging an immigration inspection
An immigration inspection and report costs £180.00 (inc VAT) - you need to pay this fee before you can arrange a date and time for the inspection. You can:
- pay by telephone - contact our Corporate Finance Team on tel: 01904 551146 or tel: 01904 551145 and have your payment card details ready; quote 'JA221/61210'
- pay in person - visit our Customer Centre. Please note that we can only accept card payments (terms and conditions apply) or cheques payable to 'City of York Council'; we do not accept cash.
Once you have made the payment, contact our Housing Standards and Adaptations Team to arrange an inspection.