You must take all reasonable measures to ensure you only give your waste for removal and disposal to an authorised person.
This is in order to reduce incidents of fly-tipping.
Waste carrier licence check
If you pay anyone to take your waste away, you must check they're licensed.
You can do this by:
- asking to see a copy of their licence
- checking the Environment Agency waste carrier register
- contacting the Environment Agency
If you receive an FPN for household waste 'duty of care' breach
Read more about Fixed Penalty Notices (GOV.UK).
Report breaches of household waste 'duty of care'
Contact our Neighbourhood Enforcement Team if you suspect someone of:
- using an unlicensed waste carrier, or
- operating as an unlicensed waste carrier
Please provide as many of the following details as you can:
- details of the actions being carried out
- the business/individual's name and address
- the date, time and location you witnessed the offence
- your name and contact details (which will remain confidential)
Report fly-tipping online
Report fly-tipping online if you notice rubbish dumped in a certain location, but didn't witness the crime.
Neighbourhood Enforcement Team
Community Safety Hub