If you decide to home educate
You will first need to write to your child's school explaining your intention to withdraw your child from the school, and requesting for them to be removed from the register. You will need to state that you are taking responsibility for your child's education and that you are delivering this from home.
We will then write to you confirming that we have been informed that you are home educating and will place your child's name on our register of Elective Home Education pupils.
Useful home education websites
The following organisations and websites may be useful if you are considering home education:
- The National Oak Academy - A comprehensive online platform developed to meet the needs of children and young people during school closures during Covid-19
- BBC Bitesize Resources - Learning resources for adults, children, parents and teachers
- Joint Council for General Qualifications
- Inter High - Online school offering through enrolment lessons, within a school style structure of classes and linked teachers
- Education Now - Offers programs of education online or through their learning centres
- National Extension College - Provides open learning through its correspondence college
- Home Education Advisory Service (HEAS) - A registered charity which supports and advises families who wish to educate their children at home instead of sending them to school
- Careers advice, guidance and support - Call the Local Area Teams (LAT) Multi Agency Support Hub for further information or to request a consultation, or e-mail the Learning & Work Adviser Practice Manager: email@example.com
- ACE Education Advice & ACE Education Training - Free advice and support to parents