Graffiti spoils the local environment. It is criminal damage and can encourage other forms of anti social behaviour; it can also be costly to remove from properties.
We will only remove graffiti from public property.
Please use our eForm to report graffiti to be cleared from public property.
We aim to:
- remove offensive graffiti within 24 hours
- remove non-offensive graffiti within 4 working days
Graffiti on public property
Public property includes:
- council houses and other council buildings
- council fences, walls or boundaries
- ancient monuments and some memorials
- city walls and bar walls
- some bridges
- play equipment in council play areas
- street furniture, such as seats
- dog bins and litter bins
- bus stops
- sign posts
Graffiti on private property
The removal of graffiti from a private property is the responsibility of the property owner, so we are therefore unable to do this.