Fostering for City of York Council you'll play an important role helping us to support children and young people in York.
Contact us to say you're interested in becoming a foster carer, and we'll get in touch to explain the next steps.
- is immensely rewarding and challenging
- allows you to use your existing skills with children and young people
- is flexible, home-based, self-employed work
- allows you to earn up to £25,000 per year
- offers fantastic training and support
As a foster carer you’ll:
- provide much-needed support for local children and young people
- receive great financial allowances and rewards
- receive comprehensive training and support
- Foster carer allowances and support
As well as the satisfaction which comes from providing care for children and young people, there’s a range of allowances and support available for our registered foster carers.
Pay and allowances for foster carers
Our allowances are amongst the best in the country and reflect how highly we value our carers.
As a foster carer you can earn up to £25,000 per year
Full details of allowances and additional payments will be provided on application.
Foster care training and support
We know that training our foster carers helps them to do a great job. Our regular training is led by experienced professionals and covers a wide range of topics.
You'll also receive one-to-one support from a social worker.
Further details of additional training and support will be provided on application.
Children’s Social Care
The Fostering Network
The Fostering Network is the UK's leading charity for everyone with a personal or professional involvement in fostering.