Planning and building

Planning permission for demolition in a conservation area

The total or substantial demolition of an unlisted building in a conservation area requires planning permission (rather than an application for conservation area consent). 

Before you begin you should read more about:

Use our application checklist to ensure you have all of the information needed before you apply.

Apply online for planning permission

Or complete a downloadable demolition in a conservation area application form and return to or Development Management Section, City of York Council, West Offices, York, YO1 6GA

Also see