Your ward councillor is:
Your ward councillor sets priorities and works to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers/partners working in the area.
You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out local information and how priorities are being addressed. View agendas and minutes from Bishopthorpe Ward committee meetings.
Bishopthorpe Ward profile, priorities and funding
The Bishopthorpe Ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.
Bishopthorpe Ward has a budget to spend on local priorities. Based on feedback from residents, the ward councillor has set the following priorities:
- enhance and improve the local environment
- reduce social isolation
- encourage community involvement
The ward budget was set at £21,074 for 2017 to 2018. To find out what has been spent so far, see decisions on funding. You can find out more at your annual ward committee meetings or by contacting your Community Involvement Officer.
Community groups and voluntary organisations based in Bishopthorpe Ward can apply for ward committee funding.
Ward funding grant application supporting documents:
- Ward funding application form
- Funding application guidance notes
- Ward grant monitoring form
- Ward funding - guide to sustaining your project
Community projects may include grants to voluntary organisations and/or services for the local area, such as:
- environmental projects for parks and gardens, open spaces, grass cutting and flower beds (such as Pride in York)
- improvements to surfacing, footpaths, cycle-ways and lighting
- other projects such as reducing social isolation and loneliness, prevention of falls, access to a regular nutritious meal, community transport, practical support, handyperson services and extra support for carers
Consultations and decisions on funding happen at ward committee meetings and through surveys and councillor surgeries.
Housing Environment Improvement Programme
The Housing Environment Improvement Programme (HEIP) supports the delivery of local priorities, specifically improvements that tenants have identified as important.
Residents' Associations, Parish Councils and Planning Panels
There is no active Residents' Association in this ward.
Parish Councils in Bishopthorpe Ward are:
Planning Panels are not active in areas where there are Parish Councils.
YorWellbeing support in your Ward
YorWellbeing offers support to help residents to continue to live independently and safely in their homes.
The Yorwellbeing handyperson service can perform small jobs around your home if you are:
- aged 60 years and over
Bishopthorpe Ward news and information
Find out what's happening by:
- reading Ward news
- following @BishWheldWard on Twitter
- contacting your ward councillor
- contacting your Community Involvement Officer requesting to join their email list for updates on news and events