Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

How to apply for 'simple' household contents insurance

Before applying for 'simple' household contents insurance, see our guidance on what's covered by 'simple' insurance and working out the cost of insuring your home.

Apply for 'simple' household contents insurance

If you've decided that you'd like to apply, download our insurance details and application form for home contents insurance for council tenants. (The application form is on page 6 of the document).

Make sure you've read the document thoroughly, answered all the questions and signed the application form.

Return your form to Royal Sun Alliance (RSA) to the address on the first page of the document.

If you have any queries about the scheme, telephone: 08457 337788 (local rate) and ask to speak to Household Operations - let them know you are a City of York Council tenant.

'Simple' household contents insurance disclaimer

We have negotiated the 'simple' household insurance scheme on behalf of our tenants, but do not have any involvement in administering the scheme, or receive any money from it.

Any policy taken out by tenants, or members of their households, is strictly between those parties and Royal and Sun Alliance (RSA).

We accept no responsibility or liability for any aspect of the scheme.

Also see

Direct Group Property Services

Royal & Sun Alliance, 4 Sidings Court, Doncaster, DN4 5NU

Telephone: 0345 6718171