Come along to our 'drop in' sessions and meet other parents and carers of children and young people with Autism and Asperger Syndrome.
We offer access to symbol software, a colour printer and laminator, with opportunities to make resources at various venues.
For more information, contact:
- Denise Thomas, telephone: 01904 555975 or email: email@example.com
Volunteer Parent Support
Get one-to-one support from trained volunteers through our Volunteer Parent Support if a child or young person in your family has a disability or additional needs.
York Inspirational Kids
Join York Inspirational Kids, a support group for families and carers of children with disabilities and additional needs.
There's a specific group for families with children with Autism ('Ausome Kids').
Activity groups for children with Autism
There are many activities for children and young people with Autism and Asperger Syndrome in York, including:
- a wide range of inclusive sports and physical activities
- National Autistic Society (NAS) local activity days
- the 'Acting Up' group at Riding Lights
- Choose2Youth run a regular youth group for young people with Asperger's/Autism aged 9 and above
- Autism-friendly screenings at local cinemas, including City Screen and Vue
Disabled Children's Charter
We've signed the national Disabled Children's Charter.
YorOK has developed a local charter which sets out how those working with children, young people and families commit to improve outcomes for disabled children in York.