Consumer credit licences

Public notice

We are currently consulting on the Local Plan Publication draft - from Wednesday 21 February, to midnight on Wednesday 4 April 2018.

Take part in the consultation

If your business offers credit or lends money to consumers, or allows customers time to pay for goods and services, it must be licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

The FCA holds a public record of all licensed traders and of all those who have applied for a licence. They can provide details to the public about its licensed businesses, such as the type of activities they cover, their authorised trading names and main business address.


For further information or to apply for a credit licence visit the FCA (consumer credit licences) website.

Comment on this page
Back to the top of the page