If you apply for a grant, variation, transfer or reinstatement or a premises licence, or for a provisional statement, you must send a notice of the application to each of the seven responsible authorities listed below. 

All notice forms are available to view.

Within the notice forms, you will see two types of forms, form A and form B:

  • form A notice is for an individual applicant
  • form B notice is for multi (two or more) applicants


You must also advertise your application if you are applying for any of the following:

  • a premises licence grant 
  • a provisional statement
  • to vary a premises licence

Where can you advertise

To do this you must publish a notice of the application:

  • in a local newspaper on at least one occasion during the period of ten working days starting with the day after the day on which the application is made to this licensing authority
  • by displaying a notice on the premises to which the application relates
  • in a place at which it can be conveniently read by members of the public from the exterior of the premises 
  • for a period of no less than 28 consecutive days starting on the day on which the application is made to this licensing authority

Provisional statement

In a case where the application is for a provisional statement in respect of premises, and the premises have not been constructed, or the applicant does not have the right to occupy the premises, on the date on which the application is made, the applicant is required to display the notice at a place:

  • which is as near as reasonably practicable to the premise or proposed premises 
  • where it can conveniently be read by members of the public

A notice to publish is available to view.


Comment on this page