The health and wellbeing of local residents is a key priority for us. You can get involved to help us make sure the health and care services we provide are fit for purpose, efficient, cost effective and safe by:
- attending engagement events and responding to consultations
- speaking at a public meeting
- becoming involved with Healthwatch York (the organisation responsible for the patient voice)
- joining a Resident's Association in your area
Alternatively you can attend any of the following board meetings:
- NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group Governing Body
- York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Governing Body
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Health and Wellbeing Board
- Health, Housing and Adult Social Care Policy and Scrutiny Committee
Getting support with health and wellbeing
If you need some support yourself or don't know who can help you can find out how to make a complaint about a service you have received or raise a concern.
Useful health and wellbeing links
Further research or reading related to health, wellbeing and social care:
Useful videos about health and social care, recent changes to the NHS and current topics:
Other useful information:
- First Call 50+: a free signposting and information service for people aged 50+ living in the City of York.
- Sport and active leisure in the city
- Healthwatch Directory: directory of pharmacies, doctors, dentists and lots of other information about health and social care services in York.
- York's Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA): a piece of work that analyses and identifies the current and future health and wellbeing needs of the local population.
- See an easy read summary of York's Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.